Flavors of Tuscany
September 26-October 4, 2024
Price: From $5,495 plus air
Embrace the bewitching enchantment, bucolic ambiance, and charismatic culture of Tuscany.
Meander through its colorful cities, cypress-studded hilltop towns, classic cucinas, and idyllic vineyards during this small-group journey. Explore the Italian countryside that provides endless inspiration for artists, chefs, and vintners alike.
– With your small group (maximum 22 guests), enjoy seven nights deluxe accommodations at the luxurious and exclusive Castello La Leccia in Castellina, featuring exceptional views of the lush, rolling Tuscan landscape.
– Admire the Etruscan ruins and Roman center in Volterra before visiting charming San Gimignano—the Town of Fine Towers—which is completely encircled by medieval walls.
– Stop at the Renaissance town of Pienza, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which sits atop a hill overlooking the Tuscan countryside.
– Discover Podere Il Casale, an organic farm. Tour the grounds while learning about the owners’ passion for the slow food movement, followed by a leisurely lunch.
– Learn secrets of preparing traditional Tuscan food in class with chefs from Castello La Leccia.
– Visit an organic winery for a behind-the-scenes tour and tasting.
– Take a guided tour of Cortona with free time to explore afterward.
– Wander within the walled medieval village of Monteriggioni—a city along the ancient pilgrim road of Via Francigena. Visit Abbadia a Isola to see the medieval abbey and then stroll around the charming hilltop village of Castellina in Chianti.
– Savor a cooking class and dinner at Badia a Coltibuono, a remarkable winery featured on the Netflix TV show, Salt Fat Acid Heat.
– Stroll Siena—another UNESCO World Heritage Site—with its well-preserved cityscape, celebrated Duomo, and bustling Piazza del Campo.
View the full trip details here.