For so many, we arrived at South Carolina seeking to understand and become our authentic selves, and as proud alumni, we have the opportunity to further that promise by serving as a voice, example, and champion for Carolina’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and queer (LGBTQ+) community. Our USC LGBTQ+ Affinity Council board members are volunteers from around Carolina and the country.
Together, the USC LGBTQ+ Affinity Council:
- Provides representation for LGBTQ+ alumni
- Collaborates with and supports the university’s LGBTQ+ organizations and resources to best motivate USC’s LGBTQ+ and ally students, faculty, and staff
- Discovers ways to support LGBTQ+ student recruitment and progression (success) so that they, too, can become Carolina alumni
- Facilitates professional networking and social activities for LGBTQ+ alumni allies.
Have questions or want to get more involved? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
1. The first LGBTQ+ endowment scholarship in the University or Alumni Association’s history.
2. 16% of first-year students identifying as LGBTQ+ and the number of allies and advocates continue to grow.
3. Recognize and reward students who are contributing to a more inclusive and welcoming campus.