LGBTQ+ Island Life® Greek Isles and Ephesus
October 7-15, 2024
Price: From $5,295 plus air
Gohagan’s inaugural Pillars of Pride cruise to ancient Greece and Turkey explores the iconic stories of antiquity from an often untold LGBTQ+ lens.
This dynamic, first-of-its-kind itinerary combines ancient history and culture with immersive experiences in modern LGBTQ+ life, including an exclusive Island Life® Pillars of Pride forum with local residents. Sponsoring organizations will also be invited to help craft and curate a unique luxury travel experience that fosters meaningful connections within the LGBTQ+ community.
While the list of special guests and lecturers is continuing to evolve, we are pleased to announce that we will be partnering with leaders from the new American LGBTQ+ Museum, slated to open in 2024. This all-inclusive, 5-star cruise also features a full day tour of Santorini with an afternoon at leisure, a special visit to the ruins of Ephesus, and a full overnight docked at Mykonos with opportunities to enjoy nightlife at this legendary LGBTQ+-friendly destination. Extend your journey with the Athens Pre-Program and/or Delphi Post-Program Options.
– Discover multicultural Chania, located on the western coast of Crete.
– Be on deck as the ship cruises into the port of Santorini, beneath which some believe to be the legendary lost city of Atlantis, to tour the Minoan ruins of Akrotiri and more.
– Dock in Rhodes at the wall of Rhodes Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the 14th-century Palace of the Grand Masters.
– Arrive in Kusadasi, Turkey, and drive to Ephesus, a vast archaeological site of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine ruins.
– Visit UNESCO-inscribed of Delos—legendary birthplace of Artemis and Apollo—and walk along the Sacred Way to the Sanctuary of Apollo.
– Explore the island of Mykonos—where according to ancient legend, its craggy hills and clefts were formed from the petrified bodies of giants defeated by Hercules—with the option to experience its legendary nightlife at leisure.
– Cruise the Aegean Sea en route to Athens with a day at leisure to enjoy special onboard lectures and activities.