Island Life® Greek Isles and Ephesus
October 21-29, 2024
Price: From $5,295 plus air
Call on the islands of Volos, Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Rhodes, and Santorini on this epic, 7-night voyage.
Enjoy excursions to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Meteora; Delos’ classical ruins, including the Sanctuary of Apollo and the theater quarter; the archaeological site and ancient ruins of Ephesus; and Santorini, believed to be the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Discuss life on the islands with local residents during the Island Life® forum. Extend your journey with the Athens Pre-Program and/or Delphi Post-Program Options.
– Nine-day, 7-night, 5-star cruise round-trip Athens, Greece, on the Aegean Sea.
– Visit up to 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, showcasing the culture and architecture of ancient Greece and Turkey.
– Call on islands steeped in myth and history—Delos, Mykonos, Pátmos, Santorini, and Rhodes.
– Walk through legendary ruins of Ephesus, Turkey, and the UNESCO-inscribed Meteora.
– Exclusive Island Life® forum with local residents who will discuss contemporary living.
– Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Delos—the legendary birthplace of Artemis and Apollo—and walk along the Sacred Way to the Sanctuary of Apollo. Also see the legendary Terrace of the Lions, where hand-carved marble statues have guarded the island for nearly 2,600 years.
– Arrive in Kusadasi, Turkey, and drive to Ephesus, a vast archaeological site of Greek, Roman,and Byzantine ruins.
– In Pátmos, visit the Greek Orthodox Monastery of St. John and see the Cave of the Apocalypse, where St. John the Apostle most likely wrote the Book of Revelation in A.D. 95.
– Dock in Rhodes at the wall of Rhodes Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and visit the 14th-century Palace of the Grand Masters.
– Athens Pre-Program Option and Delphi and Thebes Post-Program Option.