Ireland and Northern Ireland
May 21-30, 2024
Price: From $6,595 plus air
From Dublin town down to the “rebel city” of Cork, then around and up the coast to Galway and Belfast, this enchanting 8-night cruise itinerary includes some of the island’s most iconic sites.
From an excursion to the famous Blarney Castle and Cliffs of Moher to visits to legendary landmarks such as the UNESCO-inscribed Skellig Michael, Giant’s Causeway, and the Titanic Quarter in Belfast, the best of the Emerald Isle awaits. Extend your journey with the Dublin Pre-Program Option and/or the Glaslough, County Monaghan Post-Program Option.
– Enjoy excursions to Blarney Castle and the one of the island’s greatest natural wonders, the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren National Park.
– Discover County Cork with a driving tour of Cork City and visits to Blarney Castle and the beautiful seaside town of Kinsale.
– Opt for an excursion to Garnish Island and Beara Peninsula or a daytrip that includes visits to Killarney and the Ring of Kerry.
– Follow the footsteps of monks to St. Fionan’s monastery at the summit of UNESCO-inscribed Skellig Michael.
– Enjoy a scenic drive along the famed Slea Head Drive on the Dingle Peninsula to see the Fahan Beehive, a series of medieval stone houses once occupied by monks.
– Explore the island of Inishmore, which has been inhabited since the Stone Age and where Gaelic is still the spoken language.
– From Portrush, Northern Ireland, experience the wonder of the Giant’s Causeway—an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, formed by ancient volcanic eruptions. The weathered rocks shelter rare and unusual plants, including sea spleenwort, sea fescue, and frog orchid.
– Tour the Northern Ireland city of Belfast, including a visit to the Titanic Quarter and the Ulster Museum at the Queen Victoria Botanic Gardens.
– Visit the Northern Ireland Parliament, see murals that document “The Troubles,” and a peace wall between Protestant and Catholic communities.
– Discover the island’s unique microclimates and the seabirds that call it home, including gannet, puffins, and cormorants.
Find the full trip details here.