Blatt PE Center
Members are eligible to purchase gym memberships to the Blatt PE Center for just $10 per visit or $300 a year. Blatt memberships are subject to campus recreation policies and procedures.
Membership with Blatt is a separate cost and is not included in your Alumni Association membership, however, you must be a member of both organizations to access the facility.
To purchase your membership:
- Join the Alumni Association as an annual, three year, or Life Member.
- Obtain your membership card (either wait for it to come in the mail, or we can print a temporary card for you).
- Contact the Blatt PE Center and have your alumni ID number from your membership card ready.
- OR you may take your membership card to the Blatt PE Center in person to sign up.
Please keep in mind that Blatt PE Center memberships is separate from your Alumni Association membership. You must maintain active membership with both the Alumni Association and Blatt PE Center to continue receiving your access.
Summer 2021 Membership Options
Starting May 10, 2021, the Blatt PE Center will be offering two Campus Recreation membership options that will allow you to regain access to the Blatt PE Center.
Summer Membership (May 10, 2021 – August 15, 2021)
This membership will grant full operational access to Blatt PE Center as well as access to the Strom Thurmond Wellness & Fitness Center. The cost is $90 for alumni, and you must have UofSC Alumni Association membership for eligibility.
Full/Early Bird Membership (August 16, 2021 – August 14, 2022)
This membership will be available for purchase beginning August 1, 2021.
Lockers are available for purchase at the Blatt PE Center or Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center:
- Half locker: $20/summer
- Full locker: $40/summer
Memberships and Lockers will be available for purchase online at campusrec.sc.edu beginning May 1, 2021.
Before Your First Visit
- Campus Recreation Summer Hours of Operation:
- STWFC: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Blatt PEC: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday-Sunday CLOSED. *Pool access is only available at STWFC indoor/outdoor pools.
- Wear a face covering. Face coverings are required while moving throughout Campus Recreation facilities. Users are required to wear face coverings during exercise; however, face coverings may be pulled down or removed while swimming, participating in cardio activities, or while performing (or recovering from) strenuous exercise that causes respiratory distress. Users should strive to remain physically distant from others while mask is removed.
- Reservations for the STWFC and Blatt PEC weight rooms, indoor and outdoor pools, open rec basketball and Group X classes are made through IMLeagues.com. Since you do not have a UofSC email, you will use your personal email (it will prompt you to use an @sc.edu email, but you do not have to). A notification box will pop up after you submit your email. Please type that you are an Alumni Member in the text box and submit. Then click “Create Account”. Your account should be verified within one business da
- Campus Recreation has been working hard to keep our facilities and equipment clean and to ensure safety through our COVID-19 mitigation strategies. We have various locations of cleaning supplies available for patrons to use to clean equipment before and after use, as well as employees assisting in keeping our facilities and equipment clean. Equipment has been relocated throughout the facility and distanced 6-10ft apart to ensure physical distancing and the safety of our patrons.